Re: note metadata for files

Thanks all. I didn't know of hooks... I looked for something like this
in zsh a few years ago and didn't find anything (so didn't think to
look for that). I also like using xattr like that way - I'm going to
have to look into what can overwrite this though - if vim or cvs or
even touch can overwrite this, that's kinda a non-starter unless I can
find a way around it with cgroup or an LSM.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Peter Stephenson