Repeat argument N times?

Is there a built-in way to repeat an argument N times?

Brace expansion is something I fall back on too much, so I've gotten in the
habit of using it for small values of N, e.g. with a script I use to test
uploading files to a web app:

    upload-files file1{,,} file2{,}{,,,,} file3{,,,}

uploads 3 copies of file1, 10 copies of file2, and 4 copies of file3.

It'd be nice if I could write (something like):

    upload-files file1(N3) file2(N10) file3(N4)

Today I found myself writing:

    upload-files file1{,}{,,,,}{,}{,,,,}

And while it's nice to know I can factor 100, it'd be nicer to just write
it.

--
Best,
Ben