Re: killed zsh completion (cygwin)

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:140915090859.ZM3789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> zsh -f
> % source $^fpath/compaudit(N[1])

Drat it was just the old 'insecure directories' problem (Thanks BART)

The following  seems to have fixed it:-

chmod -R 755 /usr/share/zsh/

Since a good while I cannot entirely eliminate the warnings e.g.

if I run compaudit now (even though compinit is now working)

 compaudit
There are insecure directories:
/usr/share/zsh/site-functions
/usr/share/zsh/5.0.2/functions
/usr/share/zsh
/usr/share/zsh/5.0.2

so I start compinit in ignore mode
compinit -i

My error was in thinking that because I still got the warnings there was
no point in doing the chmod -R 755 /usr/share/zsh/

--
zzapper
https://twitter.com/dailyzshtip

---