Re: freezing bug in 5.0.6?

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 14:44:30 +0700
"Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there!
> I'm using SHARE_HISTORY option.
>
> After recent upgrade to 5.0.6 (means, all was okay before it) few days ago,
> I've got a strange bug: sometimes new sessions freezes on zsh start.

There have beens some subsequent history locking fixes, in particular

commit 4414e54ea7ffe50acca851c11c2ef49dc867c55d
Author: Barton E. Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
Date:   Sat Sep 6 22:10:30 2014 -0700

    33116: followup to 32580 to prevent double-locking with shared or incremental history

so this might be fixed.  (Bart will comment later, he's eight hours
behind but gets up and checks his mail much earlier than me.)

It's probably worth asking whether you've got HISTFCNTLLOCK set, as the
option that most obviously affects locking.  It's fairly new and off by
default.

pws