How to stop dir expansion in the prompt?

Hi.
I am using this prompt:

PROMPT="%(?.${success_color}.${failure_color})${SSH_TTY:+[%n@%m]}%B%${max_path_chars}<...<"'${vcs_info_msg_0_%%}'"%<<%(!.${root_char}.${user_char})%b%f
"

The whole script is here: https://bpaste.net/show/52184a546984#56

If I cd to a directory like ~/.virtualenvs, the prompt will show as
~WORKON_HOME.
It's expanded to the environment variable WORKON_HOME.

I wonder, is there a option to disable the auto expansion?

If not, possible to modify the above prompt to show the real path?
Note, it's not a straightforward modification like ${PWD/#$HOME/~}
because vcs_info_msg_0 is inside and should be taken care of.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

--

吾輩は猫である。ホームーページはhttp://introo.me。;