Re: 'whence' question

Ray Andrews wrote:
> ... yet, although '/usr/local/bin/zsh' is found, all of the other files
> found by
> 'whence -a zsh' above are missed. How is it that '/usr/local/bin/zsh'
> matches
> 'zsh*' but '/bin/zsh' does not?

Because /bin/zsh is hidden by /usr/local/bin/zsh. The commands are in a
hash table and there is only the one entry for zsh.

Looking at the source, it seems that whence doesn't support both -a and
-m together though it doesn't produce an error.

I'd agree that this isn't ideal. Note that whence -m does show a zsh
alias in addition to /usr/local/bin/zsh if there is one.

Oliver