git adventures

Gitmeisters:

(CAPS NOT YELLING ;-)

   pts/0 HP-y5--5-Debian1 root /aMisc/zsh-code $ git pull --rebase
   Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.
   Please commit or stash them.

   pts/0 HP-y5--5-Debian1 root /aMisc/zsh-code $ git pull
   remote: Counting objects: 41, done.
   Unpacking objects: 100% (29/29), done.
    From git://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code
       e334119..8505837  master     -> origin/master
   Updating e334119..8505837
   error: Your local changes to the following files would be
   overwritten by merge:

THIS IS JUST TO FIX THAT PROBLEM I HAD WITH 'make check'.  COOL THAT
GIT KNOWS THAT, AND WON'T OVERWRITE IT.

        Test/B06fc.ztst
   Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
   Aborting

   pts/0 HP-y5--5-Debian1 root /aMisc/zsh-code $ git pull origin master
    From git://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code
     * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
   Updating e334119..8505837
   error: Your local changes to the following files would be
   overwritten by merge:
        Test/B06fc.ztst
   Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
   Aborting

I'VE LEARNED ABOUT 'stage', BUT WHAT IS 'stash'?
HOW DO I commit/stash/stage THAT ONE FILE SO AS TO PROCEED? CAN WE TELL GIT
TO JUST NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT FILE--LEAVE IT BE, BUT PULL EVERYTHING ELSE?
THAT CHANGED FILE IS OBVIOUSLY ONLY OF TEMPORARY VALUE.

FANTASTIC DOC:
http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2

I'M LIKING AND RESPECTING GIT ALREADY. MOST COOL THAT IT CLONES IT'S OWN
ADMINISTRATION HERE AS WELL AS FILES, ALSO THAT IT REMEMBERS WHERE THE
MOTHER SHIP IS. GENUINELY HELPFUL ERROR MESSAGES! HOW UN-LINUX.