Re: syntactic question

On 11/21/2014 03:45 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Nov 21, 2014 1:43 PM, "Kurtis Rader" <krader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is this understandable for a mere mortal? Yes, but it requires a good
grasp
for the rules of how a statement is parsed into tokens.
Also, as you indirectly pointed out, it requires understanding that some
tokens are handled by the shell on input whereas others are handled by
commands like echo on output.  You can always confuse yourself if you mix
the two.
Yeah, that would explain the asymmetry of the input side from the output side (which is really all I'd hope for). Perhaps one day it will all make sense and I'll see that it is all for the best. For now tho, thinking 'left to right' vs. 'inside to outside' is enough of a challenge.

Bart, any thoughts on those errors in the debugging binary? 'TRAPDEBUG' works perfectly in the normal build. Interesting how some of the pop out when doing a completion.