Re: environment stuff.

On 11/26/2014 06:03 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Nov 26,  5:23pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} When you do a complete dump of the environment, there's this

Let me point out that if you get any "typeset -A ..." then you're NOT
doing a complete dump of the environment.  You're doing a complete dump
of the internal parameter space.  Some things get copied back and forth
from the internal parameter space to the environment, and you can use
parameter references to examine the environment, but the two are not
the same.  The environment is the exported subset of the parameter
space, and you can't export arrays, especially associative ones.
Good to know.  I trust this parameter space is off limits and I don't have
to know anything more about it for now?
} ginormous thing that starts:
}
}     typeset -A _comps
}
} What on Earth is it? Where does stuff like that get set?

That's the list of all command names mapped to functions that implement
the completions for them.  It's populated by compinit.
Such a load of work!