Re: removing added completion space

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM, zzapper <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
> Some time ago (Feb) I asked about a way to avoid the space added by
> completion which is such a nuisance when you need a 2 stage complete. SC
> provided a solution which I can no longer find but which went over my head.

Not sure who SC, but Oliver's response was to provide a patch for
_expand_alias which has now been added to the sources, so if you have
5.0.7 you should be able to make use of it.

zstyle ':completion:expand-alias-word:*' add-space false

The doc for the add-space style needs updating to mention
_expand_alias along with _prefix.