Re: utf-8

On 12/18/2014 06:04 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
This has gone way off topic for the zsh-users list.  I don't recall if
the ietf-charsets list is still active, but that might be a better place
to go looking if it is.

Bart,

Of topic? I'm wondering how one enters the newline character in zsh when one is using a different locale/alphabet. I've only ever used English, and I'd expect that in, say, Cyrillic there would be some char that's a dead ringer for 'n' (as in '\n'), but in *principal* a Cyrillic 'n' might not be the same utf-8 code as 'our' 'n', so I'm wondering what zsh does about that. Spanish would have at least two 'candidates' for 'n'. What does zsh do once we are outside of good old ASCII?