Re: Is it possible to find the location of a function definition?

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:23 AM, Hao Wu <echowuhao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to find the location of a function definition without going
> over all the files.?
>
> I get a function override the default one, which is quite annoying. I want
> to find location of the definition.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11627324/zsh-search-for-function-definition

One way you could do it is look at the definition of the function,
which thefunc, and override one of the commands it calls with a
function that prints $funcfiletrace,
echo() { builtin echo $funcfiletrace; builtin echo "$@" } (don't do
this globally of course, just in an interactive shell)
another way is to apply this patch:
http://git.mikachu.zsh.jp/commit/?h=mika&id=225140c2aa029c9f19615c5894c4813a88afca49
and then run whence -F thefunc

--