Re: mkdir completion not offering ignored patterns

On Apr 11,  3:44pm, Aleksandrina Nikolova wrote:
}
} Greetings, I am trying to make mkdir behave like similar commands (in
} particular, cd) but I can't seem to figure it out. I have set the
} completion system to ignore hidden files and only show them when there
} are no other options (no other files in the listed directory or I
} explicitly type . at the beginning). It works perfectly with all
} commands but mkdir, which simply refuses to offer hidden files, ever.

As far as I can tell, this is happening because _mkdir calls _wanted,
and _wanted forces completion to be limited to the first set of matches
for the desired tag ("directories" in this case).

If I do (after compinit)

autoload +X _mkdir
functions[_mkdir]="${functions[_mkdir]:s/_wanted/_tags directories;_requested}"

then things seem to work as you are expecting, though I'm not sure I've
tried all nuances.

I'd like feedback from other zsh-workers on whether this is the right
change to make permanent.