Re: how to get zsh to work with a screen reader

On Jul 22, 11:43am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Something else that might just be worth a look at is the shell parameter
} BAUD, which indicates the terminal speed.

I tried this.  I captured the output with "script" and examined what was
written both before and after assigning BAUD=1 .

As an aside, the main effect of BAUD seems to be that ZLE waits a really
long time after executing a command and before printing the next prompt.
I connected with strace and found it sitting here:

select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {112, 800000}) = 0 (Timeout)

That is, the prompt wasn't printed until the timeout occurred.  I suspect
that it's checking for type-ahead.

Anyway, except for my backspacing over a couple of typos, the typescript
was identical in both cases.  Based on covici's follow-up, the terminfo
definition seems to make the only discernable difference.