Re: zsh 5.0.8.-test-3

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 01:09:07AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

> >           strftime '%#A' 0
> >           strftime '%^_10B' 0
> >           strftime %03Ey 650000000
> >           strftime %-Oe 0
>
> [ ... ]
>
> So it seems. I don't have access to any obscure operating systems

Obscure?  <sigh>

I know, I know.

> so I
> just guessed that if someone supported one extension, they'd support
> all of them. The one we test to see if we should skip the test is just
> zero-padding though which is pretty easy/obvious to implement. I guess
> we can check that one instead / as well. It looks like it supports
> both # and E too, so those wouldn't do the trick.

FWIW, we do have our man pages online:

    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E36784_01/html/E36874/strftime-3c.html

which documents # and E and O, as well as ^ and _.  So I don't know why it
didn't work, unless the underlying implementation is broken, which is
entirely possible (and likely enough that I'd say you should just keep the
test as it is and I'll go make sure the appropriate bug is filed and just
live with the test failure for now).

Still, it seems like the test should be able to distinguish between broken
zsh code and broken system code.  Or not really care about what extensions
the implementation supports, if everything is just a system-dependent
passthrough.

Thanks,
Danek