Re: string to array space problem in filenames

On 09/03/2015 08:30 AM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

Ah, one more thing:

    input=( ${(f)"$(<~/.dirstack)"} )

... as Bart showed, works fine, however the function that does the sorting and
compressing I like available for other things, so I want to be able to use
an argument there.  While I was using the 'single line' version, like this:

    input=(${=@})

... and the function itself called like this:

  compress_function `cat ~/.dirstack`

... but it no longer works with the 'newline' form.  So how do I take input
from an argument now?