Re: One other alternative history search widget

On 27 September 2015 at 01:45, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 26,  4:07pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> }
> } One problem is that it puts multi line history entries into one line,
> } introducing '\n' where the newlines should be.
>
> Is that a problem with "history -nr" output, or is it a problem with
> the representation necessary to allow curses-based list selection?

It's rather difficult to implement multi-line entries in the curses
list. It doesn't support them right now, so the format gave by history
call is a plus. One quick idea is to keep array ENTRY_MULTIPLICITY
which would hold count of "\n"-s for each list entry. I would
implement that in separate n-list-multi-line. Line-wise n-list is fine
in the line-wise Unix world, but like in the history case, there are
situations where that isn't fully enough.

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski