Re: wheels within wheels

On 09/30/2015 01:01 AM, ZyX wrote:
Nested *same* function definition is rather useful for initialization. Or when you need to alter the implementation based on some condition, and want to cache this to not check this condition again:
Sure, I see that this sort of thing has it's power. But this discussion has mostly involved redefining a function within itself, not defining function A within function B so Kurtis' comments are still cogent. I'm looking at Sebastian's curses stuff and he does have nested definitions so I'm
curious as to the reason.

   And this is *not* a zsh koan.

I just meant that Bart's example was a powerful and pointed demonstration of the right way of seeing
the issue.