Re: "2004h" at the end of each prompt and "2004l" after pressing Enter on DragonFlyBSD console with zsh 5.1.1

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 04:04:52PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> The short answer to your question is:
>
>     unset zle_bracketed_paste

This works if I enter it manually at the shell prompt, but does
neither work in .zshrc nor in .zshenv. It though does work if I source
the according files manually afterwards. Strange. The file is read
though since the remainder of the prompt works fine.

> Congratulations, you've just disproved the assumption that all terminals
> (emulators) will consume and discard the start-of-bracketed-paste escape
> sequence even if they don't support the feature.

Yay! ;-)

> Some of us were worried about that when the feature was introduced,
> but no counter-examples were forthcoming during development.

JFTR: This does not happen with bash (4.3.42) or tcsh (6.18.01) in the
same environment.

> I'm guessing you're on the BSD system console?

Yes, as mentioned in the subject. The image I mentioned in my initial
mail is without X and I've just started it inside kvm and logged in on
the console there, i.e. no remote login via SSH or such.

> Any idea how we can test for support of this feature and disable it
> automatically on terminals that don't support it?

Nope. Except maybe looking how bash does it. :-)

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://abe.noone.org/ (Web)