Re: subsitutions and beginning of lines.

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 16:05:19 -0700
Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW, I just rediscovered your:
>
> A User's Guide to the Z-Shell
> Peter Stephenson
> 2003/03/23
>
> In the fog of war I'd considered it to be 'the manual' back when I first
> started,
> then when I started reading the real manual I had this powerful
> sensation that
> the manual had gone downhill.  Now I'm realizing that they're not the same
> tome after all and I must say that yours is a pleasure to read which
> can't be
> said of the manual.  Is there an update?

No, but nothing there has stopped being valid and there's little
fundamentally new on the subject (what you're asking about here
has been in the shell for most of its history, but subject to
tweaks).

I kind of stopped work on the guide when the book came along, but
actually at that point it was complete up to the sort of things I
thought it needed.  Anything more would depend a bit what the questions
were --- I suppose it would need some sort of specific project to
work through.

pws