Re: two mysteries

On Nov 4,  4:38pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} You're probably right.  It's very hard to track.  However there's no
} question that the type changes from integer when it happens, I've used
} the (t) flag to check.

I suspect further that you're not examining the same variable after the
error as before.  The divide-by-zero is a fatal error, e.g.:

torch% () { integer x; x=foo/bar; print ${(t)x} }
(anon): division by zero
torch%

Note that the "print" statement was never executed.  If I bring it up
to top level:

torch% integer x
torch% x=foo/bar
zsh: division by zero