Re: zcurses keycodes

On 11/10/2015 01:36 AM, Peter Stephenson wrote:
On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 16:55:26 -0800
Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm looking at a list of allowable keys in Sebastian's stuff, It includes:

EOT
NAK
DLE
Hmm... *those* look like ASCII key names rather than curses key
definitions.  Try "man ascii" or

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/ascii.7.html

pws

Thanks Peter, yeah I know they're ASCII, but there seems to be a conflict, or one of those situations where one has no idea who owns a key. I tried to add 'EXT' (^C of course), but it wouldn't take. The ones I mention show up in my editor as bright white boxes--clearly they are recognized as special--but no luck with EXT (tho I could capture ^C with " ${\x0A} ").

case "$NKEY" in
    (${\x0A})                ACTION='QUIT'; REPLY=-1 ;;
    ($'\n')                       REPLY=$IN[currentE]; ACTION='' ;;
    ($'\b'||BACKSPACE) SEARCH_BUFFER="${SEARCH_BUFFER%?}" ;;
(ETB) [ "$SEARCH_BUFFER" = "${SEARCH_BUFFER% *}" ] &&\

" ETB " had to be added ... it didn't actually paste over, because I understand that it's some symbol, not literal text. Point is that " ETB " 'works', but not " EXT ".

So, I'm wondering who/where I'm not getting control of ^C via 'EXT' in zcurses. Also, ^C behaves very strangely. " zcurses input " treats ^C differently depending on whether the call is inside a function or not. In some situations it creates a repetition of the previous keystroke. Sometimes it exits the program, sometimes it's just ignored. I was hoping that there'd be some zcurses/ncurses list of all accepted keys, where I'd hope to see some mention of the ASCII acronyms and in particular what's going on with ^C. I'd suspect that something else, like the terminal, is getting in the way, but, again, I can handle ^C my way with " ${\x0A} " so it seems to be under my/zcurses control.