Re: curiosity with here document.

On 11/26/2015 11:03 AM, ZyX wrote:
26.11.2015, 21:38, "Ray Andrews" <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
And when writing such questions do read documentation. The specification for `if` looks like

     if list then list
Until you know what 'list' entails, " if list then list " doesn't answer every question. I've never seen anything like this previously so I wanted some knowledgeable comment, begging your pardon and thanks, I now know that a here-doc is true as far as any following 'then' is concerned, and any preceding 'if' test is ignored, which seems strange to me, but there it is. So using that for commenting is not always safe; lesson learned.