Re: lexing

On 11/29/2015 07:33 PM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
For the same reason as always — to document things for the next reader:

Yup, that's questions and answers are for.

echo $( # Use a subshell because foo chokes if isatty(1) foo ) I don't think Bart mentioned the subshell syntax: ( # this is a comment echo 42 )

As long as his general rule holds. The white space serves as a word separator, so really, following that more or less simple rule, it hasta be a comment, which pretty much kills my last mini-rant--it's a comment because the rule makes it a comment, and because there's no reason to take the trouble to prevent it from being a comment so it's a comment, strange as it might look.