Re: zsh slow and hogs cpu when using */*/*.ext on large file tree

PS. I wonder if operating system didn't cache the work that zsh has
done. In other words, in such situation, every following run of */*/*
will be fast. That's why I couldn't test this on my machine (which is
OS X) and I asked you to test.

If you are somehow able to overcome operating system optimizations
(i.e. e.g. every run of */*/* on 5.1.1 is 20 seconds long) then the
values you gave are reliable and usable. Otherwise, bash my benefit
from zsh run.

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski