Re: Delete proper ~/.zcompdump*

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:08:31 +0100
Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I saw that different versions of zsh can create their own completion
> dumps. I had file names like .zcompdump-5.0.2, .zcompdump-5.2-dev-0,
> etc. in home directory. Is there a way to ask Zsh to "delete your
> zcompdump" or to get file name of that completion dump? The name can
> be quite custom anyway, because of possibility of $ZDOTDIR being set.

It doesn't make it up, you do.  For example, I have

  compinit -u -d ~/.zcompdump_${ZSH_VERSION}_$USER

So if you decide you want to delete the name you use, it's up to
you.

"You" may in fact be compinstall, but I think it prompts you for the
file name; I don't see any way for it to come up with one automatically.

pws