Re: Truncate $functions

On 16 February 2016 at 05:56, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just been prodding at this and "unset functions" removes the special
> variable as expected -- to get it back I have to unload and reload the
> zsh/parameter module.
>
> Can you show an example of "unset functions" behaving differently?

The variables reappear after assigning them and contain previous values:

# unfunction -m \*
# myf() { echo "test"; }; echo $parameters[functions]; unset
functions; functions=( a b c d ); echo $parameters[functions]; echo
${#functions}
association-hide-hideval-special
association-hide-hideval-special
3
# echo ${(k)functions}
a c myf

Three entries, after adding two with functions=( a b c d ).

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski