Re: End boldface also ends background color

On Mar 24,  5:39pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: End boldface also ends background color
}
} On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 10:33:47 -0700
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > The right thing for bold-off would be "normal" i.e. 22m, but as noted
} > there is no termcap code for that.
}
} As long as it generally works when the other sequences do, we could use
} a special case.

Yes, we could do something like (obviously psuedo-code):

    if (termcap("md") == "\e[1m")
       emit("\e[22m")

but then what is the "else"?  emit(termcap("me")) like we do now?  Does
that really help anybody who wants to write a portable prompt string?

I suspect "consist" here is better than "often correct".