Re: End boldface also ends background color

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Using $fg from colors doesn't buy you anything over using the builtin
> prompt sequences though. They also do not have an un-bold sequence.

Strictly speaking, $fg doesn't have a simple bold sequence either --
you have to use e.g. $fg_bold[red] and $fg_no_bold[red], so if you
stick to the intended model you do have un-bold.

There is $bold_color but it's only thrown in there because of the
comment about black and white being less than pure in some terminal
color palettes.  There aren't escape codes created by the colors
function for standout, underline, faint, etc. either, but we could add
e.g. $normal_color if that's the only issue.