Re: Feature request: REPORTMEMORY

On Jun 9, 11:39am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Feature request: REPORTMEMORY
}
} On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 11:15:32 +0100
} Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > Note you need to
} > add output of %M to TIMEFMT by hand --- I've documented this.
}
} I'm wondering about the patch below.

Anyone parsing the output of "time" might gibber frothily, I guess,
but using "time" that way seems unlikely.  On the other hand, the
circumstances in which I care about the max resident set size of a
process that has already exited, are vanishingly rare.