Re: Next release (5.3)

On Jul 13,  5:59pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} > I don't want this discussion to become circular, but don't the comments
} > there imply that what's desired/intended is for :A to respect CHASE_*?
}
} Indeed, that was one of the things in my mind, although whether it's the
} right fix is another matter.

As a point of reference, none of the current uses of :A in functions
distributed with the shell would expect to have behavior that might
be affected by CHASE_LINKS.  On the other hand, I suspect they're
using :A with the expectation that links *are* chased, so if we do
introduce a new :P option the scripts might want to employ it.

So we could *probably* get away with adding $var:P and introducing an
option dependency to :A.  (Sorry, throwing out all these alternatives
probably isn't getting us much closer to a resolution.)