Re: Next release (5.3)

Peter Stephenson wrote on Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:59:10 +0100:
> Here's a script that's broken by the change.

It was never a question that the change *was* backwards incompatible;
the question was just whether breaking compatibility in this case was
acceptable.

The bottom line of the threads on that question is that both lists
clearly wish :A's semantics to remain unchanged, so I don't expect them
to change any sooner than our roads' lanes stop being as wide as two
Roman horses.  Any "resolve symlinks first" functionality will be added
through a new :${LETTER} modifier.