Menu completion on empty line

Hi gyus,

I was thinking having a kind of an action menu for a build directory of a c++ project.
If I press the tab key on an empty line and I am in a build directory, which can be
detected by a presence of, let's say the makefile file, it would be useful to get a menu
with items: clean build rebuild. I could use the tab key to move around these items.
If I choose one, it would expand to a particular command, like 'make clean'.

Setting anything like that is beyond my current knowledge of zsh. Any help / pointers as to
how to do that are appreciated.

Thanks,
  kybu