Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: How to disable Windows style completion cycling?
- X-seq: zsh-users 22137
- From: Ed Singleton <singletoned@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: How to disable Windows style completion cycling?
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 12:13:02 +0000
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=lYIdYuyYwgEtmnSec4nWLB8Z9K0N5jtOR/TIr5ETX9o=; b=rFsshTCAMXIkoFFK97VDRQC/hHbFylotQWfi1dbpXz3Jr0S+/LtRiQbo82fqMH6JSp Ya3jLMY0BB0FQ5XtD6HSqiaagGsEnoo/iJJF5z4desgXZ3ma4XOfRonRC3Quevdy2LrO enDIMt+iejf3n2ZPYFm6pQcV9bxrk5C3AN4dsK7TsRWj915NySKDvIVVrOklITtL0/VN TBXLoAbrX3xE0mvXY8aGxtYOPKjIgVBxrve5+0A/pH2QRAMUvW0mbuXlmwmEr7rDOp6h gTNB6YgfxGqr04RqmQgPNJ2o4GAFF2dnbXz+M8I2ITbTV2do2ANeOV+Mi9gDAl2E286c uFGw==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <DF080855-886F-473F-A670-53F7186789F7@gmail.com> <email@example.com>
> On 2 Dec 2016, at 12:04, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ed Singleton wrote:
>> I’ve recently switched from bash to zsh, and generally it’s been
>> a positive experience, except for the fact that I can’t work out how
>> to switch off the Windows style cycling of completions when you press
>> <tab>. I much prefer bash’s refusal to guess, where it only completes
>> any unambiguous part of the match and does nothing else except show
>> I’ve tried setting (and unsetting) MENU_COMPLETE, and other options from the completion section of setopt.
> Have you tried unsetopt auto_menu?
I was sure I had tried that one, but I’ve just retried it, and it worked.
>> I’ve tried using zstyle and setting `zstyle ':completion:*' menu no-select`
> That ought to work too if you have compinit enabled which I would
> recommend (autoload -U compinit; compinit).
> Perhaps try including the default tag in the style:
> zstyle ':completion:*:default' menu no-select
This didn’t work, but then I’m not explicitly using compinit. I’ll have a look into what it is though, if you recommend it.
Messages sorted by: