Re: problem with zmv

On 12/02/2016 01:15 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
You don't run zmv with "." -- it's intended to be either autoloaded or
run as a script i.e. in a subshell.  If you load it with "." then the
"emulate -LR zsh" at the top affects your entire shell, rather than
being local to the function.

Yikes, bad memories of autoload, IIRC I was bashing my head against that. Time to try again more compliantly perhaps; my rebellious streak is almost gone. But, I just now commented out the 'emulate' line, and it seems to run fine. Is that safe?