Re: trapped in bash

On 12/16/2016 03:05 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Dec 16,  2:39pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} I've no reason not to rebuild I just wondered about
} the 'not found' thing, it seems like an unhelpful message.
Agreed, it's very unhelpful/baffling, because what's not found is not the binary itself, but one of the libraries needed to load it. Sadly, the calling shell can't tell the difference, because all it gets back is a numeric error code from the execve() system call. Seems I have to rebuild all my own C projects as they have the same 'not found' characteristic.

One little anomaly , the zsh right now is via the package manager in Debian: "zsh 5.2 (x86_64-debian-linux-gnu)" and I source my usual .zshrc and so far everything is where I put it, except that command completion, if there is no match, brings up the last command, whereas my setup should do nothing (leave the prompt blank). Where might that change be effected from?