Re: using gitlab (or other) issue tracker instead of mailing list?

>> But I feel I have to advocate for those who oppose any solution which
requires signing up anywhere as I can understand those people very well.

On this topic:

when I try to send an email to zsh-users@xxxxxxx from my main gmail
(foo@gmail) using a different 'From' field (foo2@gmail) it sends an
automated response:
Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed: zsh-users@xxxxxxx Message
will be retried for 0 more day(s)
[and keeps failing]

so i need to log to my other gmail (foo2@gmail) that i signed-up with to
this mailing list. So looks like there is still a need to sign-up with this
approach?
[not using my primary email because this mailing list shows email in the
open, unlike bug-trackers like the ones I listed]

Or am i doing something wrong?