Re: `whence -v X` shows file for functions, but not alias; workaround?

On 12/01/17 11:04 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

And in 20+ years I don't think anyone else has asked about it, so ...

At one point I thought I wanted that too but after realizing that it really was impossible

via internal methods I ended up just setting all my aliases within one file named 'aliases'

and that was the end of the issue. Some times I can bend the shell to my will but other

times I have to bend my will to the shell and often the latter ends up being the better.