Re: option to show file:line everytime echo is called?

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017, Timothee Cour wrote:

> turns out Anthony Heading's solution works great (thanks!): alias
> echo2='echo ${(%):-%x:%I}'
>
> any downside compared to Daniel Shahaf's solution i haven't seen yet?

Use of $funcfiletrace (like in my follow-up to Daniel) will show you
not just the file:line where the echo was called, but also the file:line
where the caller of echo was called, and so on all the way up to the
top-level execution loop e.g. the interactive command line.