Re: REMATCH_PCRE with zsh built without pcre support

On 04/03/2017 10:43 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> If we go with the module-specific hack in options.c, we should also have
> an option-specific hack in Modules/pcre.c so "zmodload -u zsh/pcre" is
> an error when REMATCH_PCRE is set.  Enforced dependence cuts both ways.

If it isn't trivial to do, we could just commit the man page patch daniel posted,
because i was also under the impression that zsh/regex would've been used when
pcre wasn't available based on the sentence that didn't really explicitly say
that it would.

This is the first time i've seen someone run into the problem, but it seemed
simple enough for other people to trip over if they do set the option and use
their .zshrc across different OS'.