Re: REMATCH_PCRE with zsh built without pcre support

On Apr 4,  8:22am, Ray Andrews wrote:
} Subject: Re: REMATCH_PCRE with zsh built without pcre support
}
} Pardon, I don't understand the details of any of this, but would not the
} above be setting a time-bomb? Surely it should be explicit which method

There would have to be an explicit "zmodload zsh/pcre" somewhere in order
for the pcre semantics to apply.

This is a little worse than REMATCH_PCRE because the option could be
toggled with LOCAL_OPTIONS whereas other special handling would be
needed to use the module only within a certain function scope.  That's
why I asked whether there were any known cases that would break.

But if you use =~ at all, you're accepting that *some* regex module
is going to be loaded.  If PCRE is a strict superset, you don't need
to care *what* module -- unless you want to use superset features, in
which case you'd better "zmodload zsh/pcre" yourself anyway.