Re: Change terminal cursor shape from precmd()

On 23 August 2017 at 18:22, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Works for me in xfce4-terminal and in xterm in 'zsh -f'.
>
> If you run 'which precmd' at the interactive prompt, does it show this
> function or something else?  (If something else: see precmd_functions)
>
> (Also, zle-line-init might be a better place to put this in)

Eh, it was my own idiocy - after symlinking my user zsh config to root's
one it all works as intended. Obviously, cominit is complaining about
insecure directories. So symlinking is out of the question, as is comptinit
-u. Sourcing zsh user startup files from root startup files is fine but a
bit tedious in case of various helper functions (many separate files). I
don't want to touch global zsh startup files and overload them with my
personal settings either. My new question is:

How do you folks share (if you do) your user zsh startup files with root's?