Re: cd x x.something

On 09/26/2017 09:47 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
No, there's nothing special here.  The value of $PWD is a full path, to
which you are appending ".wtf".

*facePalm*

I completely missed that simple low hanging fruit.

I'm done for the day.

/me turns and hollers "Check please."

Yes, but you could also do "cd dev/shm tmp" and it would try to change
to /tmp/omg.  It's only "lateral" because you happen to be using a
string that matches only the tail of the path.

Thank you for trying to explain this.  My brain is not accepting it.

I'll get some sleep and (re)read some manuals to try to pick up what I'm missing or have forgotten.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die