Re: Zsh requires Bash? 2002 revisited

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 12:10 AM, Stephane Chazelas
<stephane.chazelas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FWIW, with sh as dash, if I remove bash and ksh, then the
> configure fails with
>
> ./configure:13185: functions: attempt to set associative array to scalar

That's coming from configure.ac in the section that processes
config.modules.  Somehow zsh is getting started in such a way that the
zsh/parameter module loads itself and turns "functions" into a special
variable.

Fixing this would require changing the format of the config.modules
file to stop using a variable named "functions".