Re: Dynamic named directories and completion

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 18:49:01 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > (Ideally, in fact, whether or not we expand ~[whatever] needs
> > configuring --- because this is dynamic completion you might decide to
> > expand it to freeze the path for future use.  I'll look at that if I get
> > the chance.  This is the sort of reason for using the expand completer
> > I'm talking about.)
>
> In this type of situation I usually explicitly press expand-word (^X*
> by default I believe).

Yep, ideally as far as the internal and therefore non-configurable
widgets are concerned, I think we want expand-word to expand this and
expand-or-complete not to.  That's what happens with normal ~, so this
should be doable.

pws