Re: can zsh detect return from hibernation?

Ray Andrews wrote on Tue, 06 Mar 2018 12:41 -0800:
> Of course it's not really a zsh issue, but when my machine returns from
> hibernation it always spins up all disks.  System level things can spin
> themdown, but on thaw, I'm back to my xfce4 desktop and xfce4 is the
> culprit spinning up the disks.  It seems that there's no way of getting
> xfce4 to reset the spindown, so I'm wondering if zsh can detect that
> it's resumed from hibernationso that I can add something to zshrc to
> perform "hdparm -y /dev/sdb" but only the one time that it's needed.
> It's hardly a big problem but I'd not be surprised if zsh can handle it.

Ever heard the saying, "When your tool is hammer, every problem looks
like a nail"?

There's no reason zsh needs to be part of the solution.

I would advise you to try and fix the problem at the source (xfce), and
failing that, to look into your OS's support for post-hibernate hooks.

Good luck.