whence (was Re: local unfunction)

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 7:58 AM, Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 30/03/18 10:23 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>>
>> Try adding -w to get whence to tell you which hash table it's reading
>> from.
>
>  $ which -mwa zsh
> zsh: command
> zsh: command
> zsh: command
>
> ... I had looked at that but the output doesn't seem to say anything useful.

Firstly, "which" isn't the same as "whence" although it should become
equivalent if -w is present.

However, that's not the same thing that produced unexpected results
before; you've added -a and removed the wildcard from "zsh*".  I meant
to retry all three, but in particular this one:

% whence -wm "zsh*"