Re: Colorful new fast-syntax-highlighting

On 27 May 2018 at 17:54, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <zsh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as I see from themes (ini-files) there is support for "named" colors
> and 0-256 as a values.

Yes simple ini file, in hope someone will contribute more easily, than
to Zsh script file that is directly parsed by Zsh.

> But zsh also supports 24bit color assignments as well:
> for example, `printf '\x1b[38;2;%s;%s;%sm' $RED $GREEN $BLUE` (and `[48;2` for
> background).

I think Zsh doesn't support truecolor internally. The color names or
numbers are used in region_highlight array in strings like
"fg=110,bold" and here there is no way to specify 24 bit color value.
I was earlier looking for 24 bit color support in ncurses, and it's
rather the same story, the library is fixed on 256 value integers and
cannot be easily adapted to support 24 bit values.

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski