Re: Extending zed

On 4 June 2018 at 10:37, Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 07:57:12 +0200
> Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> That's why I'm thinking about extending Zed.
>
> I'd suggest calling it something else --- such as ezed.  Zed itself
> is deliberately a minimal function that's designed for the
> limited purpose of editing small functions inline; bells and
> whistles belong somewhere else.

It seems that name `ezed' would actually help the idea of not-so-bad
Zsh-builtin-editor. It's somewhat natural to use name ezed for it, not
zed, but cannot explain why.

Zed always gives me impression that I will touch something improper
and break the function or file I'm editing. Maybe we could set up few
things that will make zed more predictable? The page-up, page-down are
good example, before those binding the keys were calling history and
really breaking the viewport. Currently "u" key doesn't do undo and
breaks viewport, could I bind it? I would send a patch. Also, would it
be possible to implement ESC:wq, i.e. regular way of leaving vim-like
editor.

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski