Re: Invoke what most subtle thing, so that region_highlight+=( ) is in effect

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:54:54 +0200
Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I decided to ask: does any other thing besides zle .redisplay have
> the capability of making region_highlight in effect, rendered?

No, the highlighting isn't separate from the rest of the output, it's a
part of it.  I'm not sure most terminals allow much optimisation of
this, and we're very limited by the range of terminals that's out
there (see the various line wrap bugs).

pws